Tummy Tortures

0 Comments
Today is the second day I am missing work. Not because I am being a lazy employee but because I am sick. I've been sick since Sunday and I'm finally starting to get better so that is a huge relief :D

What actually happened was I had a bad case of food poisoning. Thanks to the bowl of yellow noodles that I had for brunch on Sunday. If you don't know what yellow noodles are, they're basically noodles made from flour (obviously haha) but are soaked (I think) with some kind of chemical which gives it its distinguished yellow appearance. I know it's kind of ridiculous to be eating noodles that are yellow but it's supposed to be fine if the chemicals are properly washed off in the process of manufacturing these noodles and of course cooked properly. I believe I got food poisoning because the bowl of noodles I had were not cooked properly. It tasted disgustingly sticky and left a bitter aftertaste in my mouth. Thinking back, I was rather stupid to have continued eating the noodles after noticing the funky taste and texture. 

For those who do not know how yellow noodles look like:

Yellow noodles are the ones on the right.
(Picture credits: depositphotos.com)

For most people, getting food poisoning usually means an upset tummy which leads to vomiting or diarrhea. Sometimes other symptoms may also arise but those two are the most common. Now for my case, I get the worse end of the deal. I always end up with vomiting AND diarrhea whenever I have food poisoning. I am not kidding because I've had three cases of food poisoning and all three ended up with me having both vomiting and diarrhea. Making things even more complicated, I cannot eat or drink much when I have food poisoning. It all goes out awhile after it goes in which leaves me with gastric. 

Doctors always say that rehydration is crucial when having diarrhea or vomiting. Imagine if you can't rehydrate properly. How torturing is that? I even had a case of heading to the ER for an IV of glucose solution because I couldn't eat or drink after the food poisoning. And two years back, I had to take an injection to stop the diarrhea. 

I have no clue why is it that my body reacts so violently (so to speak) to food poisoning. The past couple of days was torture because I kept vomiting everything that goes into my system including the medications. The ironic part is that I took antiemetics which supposedly acts to stop nausea. 

The really good part throughout this torturing ordeal is that I had the care and love from lots of people. My sister who called me the moment I reached my place in Subang and asked how was I doing. My mum who called me several times in the day to check up on me. And of course the one person who stayed by my side even after I projectiled vomit more than 5 times. I am not even kidding about this. 

The funny side to this is that I can officially cross something out from my bucket list now.

Vomiting in a taxi and destroying the taxi driver's seat.
I got away with it.

(Okay, I admit that is not something to be proud of but how many can say that they've done that before. Lol)

In my defense, I did not throw up on purpose. I tried my best to hold it in because I knew I was reaching my place in like 10 minutes time. But it happened and I will not divulge the nasty details here hahaha.

 Thank God the driver didn't question us further with what happened. I paid him extra for the fare and told him I was sorry for the whole thing. He nodded okay and drove off. I hope he never hunts me down once he realizes what actually happened. Lol


Super grateful that I'm getting better
And that I've had so much care showered upon me
I'm such a lucky lucky girl
Thank You, Lord
Love love love always
 

-xxlynnalurve


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

Followers