Day 1

0 Comments
Today was the first day of my one week orientation for my Bachelor of Pharmacy course at Taylor's University. I was definitely nervous about this whole orientation thing because I'm pretty afraid that I won't make any friends while I'm here. Maybe it's because of all the negative things and the backlash that I've had with several so-called "friends" that leads me to think that I might somehow repel people. I know it's a very negative thought to have but trust me if you go through what I've gone through you'd understand why I think this way.

Anyway, I had to catch the bus to Lakeside today and I had to take the 7.30 bus there. Orientation starts at 9 but we have to be there by 8.30. I was pretty afraid I'd miss the bus but thank goodness I didn't :) Bus arrived and I boarded it thinking it was a good sign so far. Then the bus made another stop and this girl came up the bus. I was seating alone and happily bopping my head to Moves Like Jagger on the radio when she came to the seat beside mine and literally slam her as down. Oh and before that she gave me this totally bitchy look of hers. Like seriously what is her problem? It wasn't like I refuse to let you sit or something so why did you show me that face and then slam your ass down next to me. I decided to just ignore her and listen to more music as we gradually approach the campus. I had my horrid nervous stomach to calm down anyway. 

Upon arriving, I had to search for Lecture Theater 12 which was located in Block D, Level 1. With that much details given I suppose it should be an easy place to find. But I worry with the amount of student there were at the place I could easily lose my way. Luckily I managed to find the lecture theater and I was EARLY! :D I sat down and had some papayas for breakfast because my stomach was doing belly flops on itself by then.

Juicy papayas.

As the 9 o'clock hour approached I made my way back to the lecture theater and saw more people there. As I waited for the staff from the School of Pharmacy to get the registration counter set up, I saw a familiar face and I was so happy. I met a friend who like me used to study in UCSI except she did foundation and I did A-Levels. We both lived in the residential hostel on campus. I was on the second floor and she was the third. Plus, we were both scholarship students and we were both placed in Registrar's Office for our work hours. To meet her there was such a blessing because I felt a little left out seeing as I was the only one there alone. We went in together and made friends with a new girl also because she was alone. It ended up being the three of us sitting in the same row and talking :) 

On the more sour note, I actually saw several faces which I recognized as people who were from Malacca. One of them used to be my classmate back in high school. What shocked me was the fact that they were oblivious to me and even when I smiled at them they didn't even acknowledge it. I admit it wasn't like I was all buddy buddy with them when I was in high school but honestly a smile wouldn't hurt you know. Just for courtesy's sake. I'm not asking you to be my BFF. I just thought seeing as we technically know each other albeit not super close you could very least respond with a smile. But no. They were all high and mighty with their clique of friends. I didn't pay much thought to it after that. Just sat in my seat with my two friends and talked and had fun the whole time :D

This concludes the first day of orientation and hopefully tomorrow will be an even better day. Technically there was more to the orientation today but I'll not bore anyone with the details. Ah well :)


Tomorrow we take pictures for our ID cards!
Hopefully my snapshots doesn't end up looking like a mugshot instead
More details about orientation week tomorrow :D
Love love love always
 

-xxlynnalurve


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

Followers