Day 5

0 Comments
The last day of orientation, thank goodness it's finally over! After this past week, I am definitely in a desperate need of a break. Although this week was just the orientation week, it was intense. We were given so much to process and absorb within a short span of 5 days. In all honesty, I can only somewhat vaguely remember some parts of certain talks. I suppose it's due to the selective hearing which I tend to do on reflex. I filter what's necessary to listen and remember while forgetting those that aren't necessary. I admit that sometimes I end up remembering the wrong details or missing out some key information. I suppose I should stop this habit of mine since reading pharmacy requires me to memorize and know the details of everything and anything. (No pressure at all there-NOT)


Since today was the last day of orientation, I honestly wanted to skip today and just rest and recharge at home. However, with the briefing of industrial and community attachments scheduled today I forced myself to head to campus with my completely zombie looking face. I literally had horrible dark circles under my eyes as well is wrinkles and eye bags. No amount of concealer and smudging or blending can hide those horrid looking eyes of mine. 


What made things worse was the weather. It was wet today. It rained early in the morning and I geniusly decided to wear my long cream colored denim pants today. My pants was ruined even before I reached the bus stop. That was just the beginning of the bad things that happened today. 


When the bus arrived, I expected it to be empty or slightly filled like how it usually is when I take the 7.30 bus to campus. But no, today it was filled to the maximum. I had to stand when I went in the bus. and since it was pretty cramped in the bus I had to try my best not to slam into someone when the bus brakes or Heaven forbid fall onto someone's lap in the seats. That would be God awful embarrassing. I was pretty annoyed at the fact that the dumb bus driver kept picking up students when the bus is already overloaded with students and there practically no where left to stand. Thankfully, the bus ride was pretty short. 


The first talk today was on our industrial attachment and to be honest, this was the field that I was interested in apart from the typical community/clinical pharmacy. So my ears and eyes perked up when the lecturer was speaking and I was pretty excited with the prospects of going for attachments at several major pharmaceutical companies in this country. However, I have quite a long way before having attachments. It is usually done during our Year 3 or Year 4. 


The next few talks were more of a same thing, building our soft skills and trying to make us a whole rounded graduate with extra attributes besides holding a paper certificate. I admit and realize that this things are important but throughout the whole week we've been listening to almost the same talks just under different departments or titles. Over time, these talks get pretty redundant and we lose our interest in listening to it. But I tried my best to absorb whatever I can from each talk. Although some talks I completely zone out and completely do not know what they are talking about. 


During our lunch break, I decided to get my monthly bus pass. When I walked to the bus stop, there was no one around. So clearly I can't make any purchase. And supposedly the purchase of these bus pass is only until 2 and it was already 12 plus. We decide to head back to the lecture theater while waiting for time. I thought since we are free I can head up to the Division Office to submit the student acceptance slip. I went to get my form and as I was walking out, disaster struck. My next bad thing today: 

MY BAG STRAP BROKE

How coincidentally unfortunate can I be in one day? First the bus was full and now my bag? I literally felt so annoyed. I was already sleep deprived and I have this kind of things happening in my day. Left with no choice, I had to leave my bag in the lecture theater and took my purse with me. We headed to the stationery store that was at The Boardwalk and I bought a tube of super glue. Yes, I was that desperate. 


Remember me saying I was sleep deprived, I have proof how dysfunctional and hopeless I can be when I am sleep deprived. At the stationery store, I took the tube of super glue to the counter and brought it to the counter to pay for it. After paying for it, I turned to look for Jee Nie and Wei Li. I walked over to them and we started talking about the stationery sold there. Next thing I knew we walked out of the store and decided to go to Student Central and sit there because of the comfy couches that they have there. Wei Li like me was sleep deprived too and wanted to sleep there. We spent a good thirty minutes or more there and then left for the bus stop to buy my bus pass. 


While walking back to the lecture theater, I realized that I didn't have my tube of super glue with me. Genius right? And that's not even the best part. I totally forgot where I had it last. See what happens when I am sleep deprived? I quickly backtracked and split with them. I went to check at the store whereas the both of them checked at Student Central. 


Arriving at the store, I started to tell the uncle about the super glue but he beat me to it. All he said was, "You came and bought the super glue earlier and left it on the counter right?" "I wanted to call you but when I looked for you you already left". All I could do was laugh and say yeah like a complete fool and thank the uncle for everything. I was so embarrassed with my carelessness. It was like the old uncle has an even better memory than I did! He actually recognized me the moment I walked into his store. I fail as a younger generation :(


Back at the lecture theater I fixed my bag situation and I swore never ever to buy a Vinnci bag ever again. This bag is brand new. I haven't used it for even a month and the strap already gave way. Lousy as crap this brand. Malaysian made goods. I made a mental note to buy bags from more reliable places like Charles & Keith next time. Price range is around the same too! :)


Next talk was about community attachment. This I obviously paid attention to and also since Ms. Wong (the lecturer speaking) was also my lecturer for PH6122, she decided to announce the important things regarding her workshop starting next week. She is the first lecturer to give us some heads up for what to do for her session next week! So DOUBLE two thumbs up for that :) The rest of our sessions were more of a go and be prepared for anything and everything kind of situation because we have no idea what will be going on in those lectures. 


One of the announcements that Ms. Wong made was about the dress code for the attachment. As pharmacy students of Taylor's University, we have to dress and abide by the code of conduct as pharmacists-to-be. That line has been drilled into our head ever since Day 1 by our very own Dean, Prof. Dr. Salmiah. So for our workshop with Ms. Wong she specified that we were to dress formally at all sessions. This means crisp button down shirts paired with slacks or knee length pencil skirts or any formal skirts as well as appropriate shoes. And by appropriate it means NO SLIPPERS, SPORTSHOES/TRAINERS, SANDALS OR FLATS. 


I was in trouble. I didn't bring any formal shoes up with me because my mum was against me wearing heels around campus which I have no idea why. So now I have no appropriate shoes with me and class starts next week. On the bright side, it gave me an excuse to shop. Since my mum said no to me bringing shoes up to KL she gave me the green light to buy shoes. This means I will spend this weekend SHOPPING!! :D Finding a perfect pair of formal shoes that won't break my budget. First stop will be Empire or Sunway Pyramid. If nothing turns up there then there's always Midvalley. And if that still doesn't work there's 1U or Pavilion :) 


One good thing about today was I actually managed to troll someone today :D This guy came into our orientation and sat at the row behind me and introduced himself as a first year pharmacy student to a girl. I turned and look at him and said "are you sure?". He seemed taken aback by what I said. Thing was, I actually know who he is exactly. We met before once and I remembered who he is. He tried to insist that he is a first year student and I said I don't believe him. When he asked why I answered because I know who you are. He panicked and tried very hard to remember who am I but it took him awhile to put two and two together. He only got the connection when I he asked if I knew a certain someone and if I was from Malacca. I answered yes and he found the connection immediately. I am pretty sure he will do some digging over the weekend with that certain someone to figure out who am I :D And I am pretty sure both of them can't even remember when and how I met him. 



Having doubts about cheer practice this Tuesday
The videos and pictures I saw  INTIMIDATE me
They are all so good
I'm barely even at their level
What if they don't think I can make the cut?
That will be so embarrassing
Oh God, should I go now or not?
Love love love always
 

-xxlynnalurve


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

Followers