Picking Up The Pieces

0 Comments

It has been a week since my horrible news and I'm glad to announce that I am officially in recovery mode. I went through the denial phase, acceptance phase and now, the recovery phase or the moving forward phase. 

This week, I made the necessary appointments and discussed all my options. After weighing it all out, I made my plans for the rest of the year. It is definitely not how I pictured my year to be but what can I say at this point. This is just another bump along the road. 


I have been discussing my plans with several people who are close to me like family and some close friends. I am so thankful for their presence. For giving me the encouragement that I needed whenever things look bleak and I lose hope. They are essentially the support system that I can always rely on. 


Anyway, enough about that. Time for me to blog about real updates. The fun and happy updates :)

Earlier on Tuesday, my girlies from uni decided to go out for a karaoke session. Knowing I've been rather downcast about everything, they asked me to go too and I agreed since it was really near my house. 7 girls and a room with three mics. We sang all sorts of songs. Our playlist had every kind of genre that was offered by Loudspeaker (the karaoke place). 

The most hilarious part was when Mayin and I decided to rap several songs. We rapped at bullet train speed and still it was not fast enough. I really wonder how these rappers do it. Do they have lungs the size of Jupiter and the capacity of vampires? (Because in books, vampires do not need to breathe LOL)

I was really glad that they asked me to join them. Although I should be prepared to be left out as the year passes. I just wanted to make use of whatever time we had together before they are too busy to see me. 


On Friday, Wei Li and I met up at First Subang. She came to interview the boss of Coffee Chemistry Signature for her Entrepreneurship assignment. Basically, Coffee Chemistry Signature is a cafe which serves up Graffeo coffee. According to their Facebook page, Graffeo coffee is the finest coffee in the world. Me being a coffee junkie loves cafes. 

The first time I went to Coffee Chemistry was end of last year. I ordered a glass of ice blended mocha and sat there enjoying a book and happily singing the Christmas carols they were playing. 



Coffee and a book. Total bliss.

Their ice blended mocha was really nice. It is a little bit on the strong side for the coffee so if you're not a normal coffee drinker, take note. The ambiance is great. Really comfortable and service was great too. Their staff was really friendly. 


On Friday, Wei Li and myself ordered a drink each. I ordered an iced chocolate and Wei Li ordered their cappuccino with 3D art. As of late, 3D art has been all the rage especially for coffee. I think there are several cafes that offer 3D art but I am not too sure because I have never tried it until this visit with Wei Li.


Mine: Iced Chocolate. Super rich and creamy. Loved every drop.


Wei Li's: The star of the show. Cappuccino with a cute kitty 3D art.

The cappuccino art is definitely really cute. I know some would say it's just foam that decorates the coffee but I like my cup of coffee which makes me smile. Imagine yourself ordering a cappuccino on a bad day and the server brings you a cup of cappuccino that looks like that. Doesn't it just make your day a little bit better just by looking at it? So yes, coffee art has it's importance too because you never know the kind of day the customers could be having. 


And I wouldn't be me if I only took two shots that day haha





Spidey's web. I can never master the art of doing this pattern.



Mine and Wei Li's





Me being a vainpot also took some self shots with Wei Li:


SMILE :D

First shot wasn't good enough. Hence, this shot. HAHAHA

Overall, I would definitely recommend this cafe to my friends. Especially those who love coffee and want to just chill in a cafe without too much noise. Currently Coffee Chemistry is having a lunch promotion. Order their lunch sets which comes with one main and a free drink (Iced Lemon Tea or Iced Mint Lemon Tea) or order their Graffeo coffee together with their lunch items and get 30% off for the coffee. Their food is delish btw and so skillfully decorated :)


Because I have so much time on my hands, I went window shopping in Sunway Pyramid one of the days. I didn't really have a reason to go there except to kill time. Spending time in my room made me think and I couldn't deal with staying in the four walls of my rooms with just my thoughts as company. I went to Sunway Pyramid and spent a good and solid 5 hours there walking from one shop to the next. Even with all the sales and discount that was in every shop I only bought one item which was a plain top from Cotton On. I have to say, I am pretty pleased with myself for only buying one item. Lol

Ended up having dinner there too. I was craving for pizza so I had Papa John's. This place is officially my favorite pizza joint. I don't know how many of you remember this but way back when I was in primary school, Pizza Hut served their pizzas with Tabasco sauce. I love eating my pizza with Tabasco sauce. I would literally pour it all over one slice of pizza until Tabasco sauce was dripping and then eat it. SO good! Suddenly Pizza Hut decided to phase out Tabasco sauce and eating pizza became so boring. I'm Asian so I love spicy food. You can imagine what a let down it was when there was no Tabasco sauce. 

So how does this relate to why Papa John's is my favorite pizza joint?


TADAAAAA! 

I saw this on the table and I was sold immediately. I was salivating (eww gross I know) even before my order arrived because I just couldn't wait to pour this beautiful red sauce all over my pizza. 


I was eating on my own that night so I ordered a plate of onion rings and a 6 inches pizza which was perfect for one. I think all the servers on duty that night were looking at me with this weird expression because I was the only one in the whole place dining alone. 



Golden fried onion rings! *drools*


Texas something. The full name escapes me. Super delish! 


These two look almost perfect together.


Now this is a perfect picture of my dinner. With my favorite Tabasco.


I have to admit that I have been indulging myself this week. I gave myself the freedom to indulge this week because of the bad news. I figured some good pampering of myself would help and I am happy to say that it did. I don't feel as sad and disappointed as I did when I first found out. I am starting to see the light and that maybe there is a good reason why I was put in this position. 


I am now looking forward to the next thing on my plan. 
And that is a great start into the coming months.



Hopefully it will be
smooth sailing from
here on
Btw, IMY so so much
I wish I could tell you
without you feeling weird
Love love love always
 

-xxlynnalurve


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

Followers