Modern Coffee Meet-Ups

0 Comments
Source: Google


Currently hanging out at a cafe and trying to catch up with my studying. As usual on a Saturday night, the crowd is here. It is now the "it" thing to be cafe hopping. It is a full house with customers still queueing up at the counter to place orders. 


Don't get me wrong. I love cafes and I think cafe hopping and hanging out at cafes is a totally good thing. I personally think hanging out at a cafe is much much better than partying the night away in a club. That is my honest opinion. 


However, there is a pet peeve I have about people coming to a cafe in a large group, taking up like 6 tables and then instead of actually spending time talking and catching up over their coffee, they are all on their devices. Mobile phones, laptops, tablets etc.


I mean that kind of beats the purpose of coming out and meeting up at a cafe right? Like, if you are all going to spend the entire time staring at the small screens of your phones or devices then you might as well just stay at home. Have a Skype date instead.


I am not wrong here right? Because there are tons of people who legitimately want to sit down and talk with their friends over coffee, devices aside.  But, they cannot do so because there aren't any tables for them due to these people sitting down with their devices and not talking within their group. 


In MY PERSONAL opinion, that is just plain selfish. 


OKAY. Rant over.




Back to my books
And my cafe latte
Love love love always
 

-xxlynnalurve


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

Followers