That Temporary Working Life

0 Comments
Currently on my 3 months long "summer" break and like every other degree student, I decided that it would be best if I took up a part time job. I was supposed to go for an internship arranged by my university but that has not happened yet. When will it happen, I have no idea. I am still waiting. 


Anyway, I took up a job at a nearby pharmacy (obviously I cannot name which, just in case) to enhance my abysmal looking resume. Well perhaps abysmal is a notch or two too harsh but I do think my resume is like crap. I figured a job at a pharmacy would help perk things up a little. Especially since how my grades are not the best. 


This week is my second week working in the pharmacy and I figured it would be okay to update how it is so far. Because I am still a student pursuing her degree, I am still restricted to certain things in the pharmacy. I am only allowed to make recommendations for OTC products and nothing more. Anything in the poisons category goes straight to the pharmacist as it is legally required. 


I spend most of my time attending to customers and helping them locating the product that they are looking for, sometimes directing them to the pharmacist's counter for help. Of course housekeeping duties also fall into my plate but I am okay with that. I figure spending more time with the products will help me learn more because I will read the info attached on the product. 


The pharmacy also sells supplements (like many other pharmacies here). The toughest thing is when I have customers walking into the pharmacy and heading to the supplement aisle then proceeds to ask me for a recommendation. I get really panicky because I am clueless. I suppose I should be reading up and doing research on that instead of blogging here HAHAHAHA


Overall I think I have learned quite a lot. I have been learning how to counsel patients indirectly and also how poisons should be arranged. Hopefully by the end of this week or the next, I get to spend more time behind the dispensary counter where the pharmacist sits and learn more there.


This job is kind of tiring though. There are two shifts in a day, morning and afternoon, but most days I work double shifts because they require more help. I am totally okay with working double shifts except on my days off (like today) I am completely exhausted and spend the entire day recharging. I suppose it is worth it in the end. At least I hope it will be *fingers crossed*.





Results will be out in +/- 2 weeks
God help me
Love love love always
 

-xxlynnalurve


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

Followers