Distractions

0 Comments

Distractions. 
Sometimes I think they are a nuisance. Things that draw my focus from my actual task at hand. This is especially true when I have tasks like studying and completing assignments on my to-do list. But lately I've been thriving on distractions. Any kind of distraction. Anything to keep certain thoughts at bay in my mind and also to keep a lid on the huge wave of emotions that threaten to burst forth each day. 


I am here typing away because I needed some distraction. 


There are several things that work like magic when I need the distraction. One of them is doing my nails. I can spend hours meticulously grooming each finger and painting them as nicely as I can. I do this whenever I am in a bad mood or face an emotional phase. There is just something about painting coat after coat of polish on my nails that calms me and takes my mind off things. For that few hours I will just focus on my nails and nothing else. 


It is officially Fall/Autumn now. The leaves are gradually changing color and the temperatures are dropping. At least that's what happens in countries that experience Fall. Sadly, Malaysia is not one of these countries that experience Fall. It's hot all day every day here. Hot and humid. 


With the changing seasons, nail trends change too. Just like how fashion trends change. So this fall, I have started painting my nails following the theme of the season. Fall colors are usually dark, earthy tones. That's what I always picture for fall colors for nails. 


The first nail color that I had for fall was a deep eggplant purple from Nature Republic. It's almost a vampy purple but I think vampy purples are a little bit darker than this purple. It also has pink glitter flecks in it. Looks super gorgeous when light reflects on my nails.


Indoor lighting.



I received this color as a birthday present several years back. I think this is only the second time I have worn this color. I have so many colors to choose from that a lot of the colors get left out after using them one or two times. 



Loving the purple


My right hand was painted pretty badly this time. FML


Left hand was still bordering on acceptable.


Two coats of purple goodness


As always, a collage.


The next color I had (and am still having on) is a deep emerald green from Elianto's somewhat premium line. They have a regular line of nail polish (cheaper) and also a premium line. Most of the premium lines are dense glitter flecks polish and also their crackle polish. I have to say, the wear time for their premium line is significantly higher than their regular line of polish so the extra bucks does pay off, if longer lasting polish is what you are after from Elianto. I'll elaborate more on this later.



Emerald green with green and gold glitter flecks.
Indoor lighting. 


I did have to use more than my regular two coats of polish to get full coverage but as you can see from my thumb, at certain angles, the glitter flecks cannot be seen. 



Glittery. Indoor lighting.



Close up of the color. Indoor lighting. 


Under shade.
I love the gradient effect it has here because of the lighting.


Under sunlight. 


Cannot get enough of how good it looks under sunlight





Another collage :)


I absolutely love this color. Emerald green is (as everyone already knows) Pantone's color of the year. Although my nail color is not an exact match of the emerald green that was announced. I still think it's a reallt gorgeous color. I also had to dig this color out from my collection because I rarely wear this color. I have a creme green which I have been loving for summer and I think this is the perfect green I have that is fitting for Fall. 


About the wear time for this nail polish. I have worn this polish for more than a week now and majority of my nails are chip-free except for the usual wearing off at the tips of each nail. I was definitely impressed with this polish because most of my polish would have chipped off by this time. I decided to give my nails a little twist by using Essie's Matte About You matte top coat.



I love how the matte effect looks like!



Look how little chipping there is on my nails. Only the pinkie and thumb are chipped.



The glitter flecks stand out more with a matte finish.


So far I've only changed my nail color twice for Fall. I still have several colors lined up for my next few changes. I suppose that's something to look forward too. 


Several weeks back, I was surprised when I was told I won a OOTD contest from Peep Boutique. My entry was actually an accident to be honest. I took a picture of myself wearing a Supre skirt which I bought from them and posted it on Instagram. I hash tagged Peep Boutique and they immediately responded that my picture was an entry. After following the next few steps via their Facebook page, I waited to see if my name would be picked. 


I waited for a few days and then I forgot all about it. In my defense, I had a whole lot of other stuff going on at that time so this contest actually slipped my mind. I only knew that I won when the owner commented on one of my photos on Instagram. Total surprise and it made my day that day :D I didn't even know which prize I won until I checked their Facebook page. When I found out I won the second prize, I started doing my victory happy dance and cartwheels on the inside. 


Second prize comprised of a RM 200 gift pack + RM 100 cash voucher from Peep Boutique + discount vouchers from Liquido, Nail Fiesta and Glasses Online. Happiness overload! :)


Now I will reveal what I received in my gift package.


Peep's signature packaging :)


Handwritten note from owner, Wei Ni. So nice of her :)



Cash and discount vouchers


3D nail stickers! Whoop whoop.
I love the red and gold combo. So FIERCE Tyra would be proud :P


Peep's own creation: the Jessalynn in yellow
(Forgive my shaky hands. Too excited.)



Supre Chiffon Front Gather Singlet
It's actually a sheer and lightweight material and it's bright neon pink.
So bright that my camera couldn't capture it haha



Supre Uneven Hem Side Split Skirt
Another first for me, the uneven hem. 


Supre Tube Peplum Dress.
My FIRST peplum and it's from Supre. MAD LOVE! 



All my goodies! Three Supre pieces and one Peep original. MAD MAD LOVE! 



Collage of my new clothes :D


I have linked where you can purchase these clothes from Peep Boutique if you like them. I am not really sure about the stock so if you are interested in some good quality and affordable pieces, DO head to their site and click away! I have made two purchases from Peep so far. My first being a huge Supre haul and second being a heart shaped motif black and white baby doll dress. 



This bag contained 2 tops and 3 skirts from Supre :)


Baby doll dress.
Excuse the bad background and quality of picture.


The Supre haul I bought was awesome. Quality is great and so worth it. The baby doll was the same too. And the owner, Wei Ni, is really really nice. So wait no longer, GO CHECK OUT HER BOUTIQUE! :D 


That's all I have to distract me so far. If I have more, another update will follow.





How do I escape my own thoughts?
My own dreams at night?
I feel trapped.
Love love love always
 

-xxlynnalurve


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

Followers