A New Chapter In My Story

0 Comments
The time has come for me to reveal where I am going to spend the next 4 years of my life. After the tedious process of applying for two prospective universities, I finally got an answer from one out of the two. First answer I got was from IMU. Within a week of me submitting my application, they emailed me to let me know that they have a seat for me. I wasn't thrilled or anything. I actually found it pretty odd that they had a seat for me. 

I know everyone was gushing with excitement when I told them that I had an offer from IMU. They were all "You got it? That's really good!! IMU is good. You should choose to go there. Accept their offer before it's too late!". Okay maybe not in those exact words but the context is the same. I dragged in giving them a response because I still had an interview at Taylor's on the 28th. So I left them hanging and focused on my interview. 

The interview at Taylor's

It was nerve wrecking. I mean I wasn't exactly sure how the interview will be conducted. All I did was dress according to their dress code and show up at their division office. Thank goodness I had my cousin with me that day :)
First thing they had me do was write a personal statement of minimum 400 words. It was all impromptu and I had around 2 to 3 hours tops just to work on it. I blanked out when I saw the paper. It was the worse time to have a writer's block. I was supposed to be the third candidate to be interview by the panel and I ended up being the fourth because I spent so much time trying to figure out how to write my personal statement. Lord knows a personal statement is super important when it comes to interviews.
After hastily scribbling my last line, I was brought into a discussion room where I met the panel. Three senior lectures from the School of Pharmacy will be interviewing me. Talk about intimidation. After the introductions were made, they asked me a lot of questions. Both to test the depth of my knowledge and my understanding of the pharmaceutical field. It was intense. I tried to keep the interview light (and also to prevent myself from hyperventilating and getting tongue tied) by smiling my brightest and most cheerleader-esqued smile and laughed when necessary.
Thank goodness they were pretty friendly and they could understand my points of view and the reasons I gave them when they asked why I chose Taylor's.
In the end, I PASSED!! :D
I got a spot and I had to register with Cardiff University. So I am considered a Cardiff University student for Year 1 and 2.

*****
Skipping all the unnecessary details of all the drama that unfolded after my interview, I eventually made my choice.

I AM TAYLOR'S BOUND!

I feel really excited and nervous at the same time. It's a whole new experience for me and I am praying that it will be a truly remarkable and unforgettable one. I really hope that I will be able to succeed in this course and find some true friends here. I have been through so much when it comes to friends and the last thing I need is another insincere friend.

I've also moved in to my new place in SS15. It's okay so far although the people living in this house is about as friendly as a hungry lion is to a piece of meat. Then again at least the lion has some emotional reactions when it sees the meat. They are like stones that can move. Living, breathing stones that are emotionless.

I'm definitely looking forward to orientation on Monday and classes the following week after orientation. I'm so eager to go back to classes! :)

One more day
I hope everything goes really well :)
Love love love always
 

-xxlynnalurve


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

Followers