Day 4

0 Comments
Second last day of orientation and I am so glad it's finally coming to an end soon. This orientation has been the most tiring and intense orientation I've ever attended. In the span of four days, I've listened to so many talks that my head feels like it's going to burst with this much information. Especially since most of the things that the talk was about are pretty new to me. In fact after yesterday's tiring TuPSS games, I had three quarters of my mind to just skip today's orientation but I dragged myself off my bed. I told myself that there's a reason or all these talks and briefings. They are organized to help me and give me the information I will need one day in this 4 years and maybe even in my life. I need and will go regardless of how tired I was.


I made it to campus and the first thing I did was check my itinerary. I had several important talks, one being from the deputy dean on examinations, another on the new teaching and learning system called MOODLE or TIMES. 


For the examinations briefing, everyone was all ears as things like grading system, continuous assessments and exams are mentioned. All of us, like the kiasu nerds that most of us are, had to know what the grading scale is, what the passing mark is, what penalties will be given when assignments are handed in late, what reasons are valid for extension, what reasons are valid if we miss an exam, etc. Things like that were crucial obviously. On the whole, for Year 1 & 2, our passing mark is 40% for each module and we have to pass all modules with a grade C to be considered a pass. Resits for any exam is applicable only if the student obtains a D for the first attempt. If the first attempt is a F, no resitting of the exam is allowed. The student will have to resit the entire module AGAIN. Oh and we have to fulfill a certain amount of credit hours in order to progress into the next year. We have to complete 120 credit hours. Year 3 & 4, the passing mark is 50% and also a grade C. In order to graduate at the end of this course, our cGPA must be at least 2.0. At the moment I can remember those and I am panicking on how to meet all these requirements.

Oh and also the fact that everyone I know who had assignments keeps telling me that they have insufficient time to complete their assignments so I am really worried. I am so worried that I will struggle with time management when I hear that. I keep telling myself that as long as I don't procrastinate when I get my assignments, I will have no problem with the time given. But still, listening to the stories of people pulling all nighters just to finish their assignments makes me nervous.


Next important talk was about MOODLE or TIMES. I seem to think that both of these are just the same now. Previously, Taylor's learning management system or LMS in shorthand was known as Blackboard 7 or BB7. It functioned to provide lecture notes, marks on quizzes and tests and also final grades and things related to the course. They decided to change this BB7 system in a new system called MOODLE (I don't know what it stands for) which is integrated into TIMES (Taylor's Something MOODLE e-Learning System). So now I can get everything from this MOODLE. Grades, assignments, lecture notes/slides, forums for discussions and even resources from the database. It certainly has a lot of functions so I hope this new system actually works. Besides this MOODLE thing, we also have to access the Cardiff Learning Central. Apparently because we can see the slides by the lectures there as well as obtain some very useful resources. 


After those talks we had our usual lunch break and we went to the library to activate Jee Nie's ID card for her library account. As we were walking down the steps of the library I saw a flash of black and gold uniforms and the hair on my hands stood. 


CHEERLEADERS


I couldn't believe they were there at the first floor. I was so excited to go see them and what they were doing down at their booth. I rushed there with Jee Nie and Wei Li beside me (I feel so bad for dragging them along with me) and saw the booth. I saw cheerleaders in their uniforms and I saw them do a baskettoss which is really cool since they are technically elite level or all-stars level. What caught my eye was the prettiest cheer bows ever and the cheerleader there told me that it's for sale at RM 20 per bow. I told her that I wouldn't have anywhere to ear it to. She asked if I was interested in cheer and I said yes I am. She asked if I've done cheerleading before and I definitely said yes. I also explained to her that since I was from Malacca, my cheer skills aren't exactly up to KL standards. She nicely said that it was okay and that I can attend the open cheer practice for the Taylor's cheerleading squad on Tuesdays at 5. There will be training and then the actual try outs will be in October :) She's the nicest cheerleader ever! She told me to sign up for this lucky draw contest that they have as well. GRAND PRIZE: A trip to Bali for 2!! Romantic getaway baby :D

I applied for the lucky draw after liking their Facebook page as well as following their Twitter account. I was so excited with the possibilities that now are right in front of me. I wanted so badly to be in a proper cheer uniform again. I wanted so badly to learn how to do tumbling and do proper stunts. 


I JUST WANTED TO CHEER SO MUCH. CHEER HAS BEEN SUCH A HUGE PART OF MY LIFE. SO MUCH THAT CHEER IS LIKE BLOOD TO ME.


Which is insane I know but I honestly feel that way. Since I begun cheer 6 years ago, I have never ever regretted it :D Even today I am still that passionate about cheer. I just wish I was more flexible :( 

At the Cheer Aces (that's what they're called) booth, I saw two really amazingly beautiful and gorgeous and pretty and so awesome things. 


ONE: 
CHEER BOWS! Aren't they just the prettiest things ever? :) I wanted to buy one but it costs RM20 for one. Still so pretty <3



TWO: 
CHEER BUTTON BADGES! :D The bottom two just screams ME. One day I shall be the one at the top! :)



And that's not even the best part, she (the cheerleader I spoke to earlier) actually said "See you at practice!" when I turned to leave after buying those button badges :D How amazing can that be? I mean from a pro cheerleader like herself saying see me at practice on Tuesday. I was literally on cloud 100 if there was a cloud higher than cloud 9 :D




Super super excited with my cheer prospects now
My cheer dream could very well come true! :D
I just hope and pray that I can make the squad
And they will be kind to me
Cause I know my skills suck when it comes to flexibility
Oh and I hope I don't get too intimidated by them
Love love love always
 

-xxlynnalurve


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

Followers