Of Heartshaped Glitter Polish and Postponed Shopping Trip

0 Comments
This weekend I decided to stay back in Subang. Initially I wanted to go home because I've already spent two weeks straight here since I moved in. Sadly I couldn't go home because of the Poslaju debacle that I had. 


I placed an order for a nail polish (more details later) last week and the shipment took approximately 2 business days to reach. The first time the Poslaju people tried to deliver the package to me I was not at home so they left me a note. I called them to arrange a second delivery and they told me that the next available delivery day is Wednesday. I explained that I have class and Wednesday will not work for me. They told me that they will arrange for a delivery on Saturday instead. Since that was the most convenient day I agreed and cancelled my plans to go home. 


I had today planned out initially. I would wake up early and wait for the Poslaju people to arrive with my package and after collecting it I will then head out to shop for the shoes that I need. But as always my plans didn't work out. I woke up at 8 something and asked the maid cleaning the house to collect any mail for me if there was any that arrived today. I went back into my room and fell asleep. Awhile later, my phone rang and this lady from Poslaju tells me that they are unable to deliver my package to me today. She said that she will have to deliver it next week instead. I told her that I have classes and it's impossible for me to be around on weekdays. She had the nerve to suggest that I send it to my university. Why in the world would I do that? I told her directly that this is my house and that sending it to university would just complicate things. She said she'll "try" to deliver it by today and will inform me about the arrangements. 


I waited for her call to confirm the delivery for several hours. Finally I couldn't wait any longer I called them and told them that I want them to deliver my package today itself. I told them that next week is not an option because I have class. I told the guy on the line that the lady who told me she will arrange the delivery never called me back. He apologized and said he will pass on my message to the Poslaju people. Thank goodness he was so kind and understanding of my situation :) 


I waited for several hours again and by afternoon I was walking out of my room every now and then just to check if there was any delivery person. Heaven forbid I miss this second delivery and I have to arrange for a third or worse, collect it myself. After a few times of checking, finally I spotted the orange and white van that was parked outside the gates. I immediately rushed out to the van without even bothering about slippers. The moment he handed me the clipboard to sign I was jumping with glee on the inside. Finally my purchase is here! :D


Now for the details of what I bought. I bought a nail color by OPI's Vintage Minnie Mouse Collection. This is the collection I'm talking about: 


From top to bottom: The Color of Minnie, Nothin' Mousie Bout It, If You Moust You Moust, I'm All Ears



The collection is definitely a very pink and girlish collection. I bought only one color out of the four. Technically this color that I bought was more of a glittery top coat than a solid color by itself. I bought Nothin' Mousie Bout It which looks something like this: 



Pardon my low resolution camera

This is how it really looks like :) Pretty isn't it?


What I love the most about this color is the uniqueness of the glitter pieces. Most of the glitter polishes that I find have typical shaped glitter pieces like round or rectangular or square or random shapes and sizes. But not this one. This polish comes in HEARTSHAPED GLITTER PIECES  And the fact that the polish has fine pink and silvery glitter in it as well. I've always loved OPI polishes because they have a certain standard and quality to their polishes. It applies really well and it lasts longer than regular polishes too :) 


Of course the first thing I did when I got it was take pictures of the package. I am quite a photo taking addict I admit :D


The package! I was so excited to open it :D


All bubble wrapped for protection :)


I was supposed to head to the mall to shop for my shoes but believe it or not I actually changed my mind and decided to go tomorrow instead. All because I wanted to break into my new polish by doing a swatch on it. I still cannot believe I chose this over shopping but I have no regrets whatsoever :)



My left hand: OPI's Nothin' Mousie Bout It over Elianto's Grape Wine on my thumb, middle, ring fingers and pinkie. Over Elianto's Thulian Pink for the index.


My right hand: OPI's Nothin' Mousie Bout It over Elianto's Grape Wine on my thumb, index, middle fingers and pinkie. Over Elianto's Thulian Pink for the ring finger.


One more shot with the bottle of polish :)


This shot has no filters. So you can see or vaguely make out the color of Grape Wine


I'm super happy with my choice of nail color. I don't know what others will think but I know that it is superb! :D I've decided to reward myself with a purchase of one bottle of polish with the condition I manage to save my allowance. So every end of the month I will purchase one new bottle of polish :) The feeling of rewarding one's self is beyond words can explain. 


On another note, my bangs are growing out really fast. Which is a huge surprise to me since my hair growth rate is generally very very slow. I feel like my hair has grown quite a lot after only 2 weeks of getting my haircut. Maybe it's because of the current shampoo I'm using which is Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship :) I still prefer the Hello Hydration range though. The scent of the hydration range is AH-MAY-ZINGGG! And it really makes your hair feel soft and smooth. I might change back to that range after finishing this bottle :D


Look at my bangs! It's almost reaching my eyes and it is poking my eyes pretty often these days.


My current solution :D What do you think? Side swept bangs? Or is it too typical? 



Shopping trip tomorrow!
I hope I can find a decent pair of shoes
I have spent quite a lot this two weeks here
Worse part is I have no clue how I spent so much
Damn I suck at managing finances
Thank goodness I'm not an accountant or something in the finance field
Love love love always
 

-xxlynnalurve



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

Followers