Dinner Treat

0 Comments
Being back home is really great because there is never a place that is the same as home. I'm grateful that home is always just a two hours long bus ride. It means I am always able to see and speak to my family in person whenever I want to. I admit that a part of me is envious of those who have the opportunity to study overseas. People always say studying abroad is an experience like no other and I suppose I am green with envy because I was denied that option. Nowadays, I don't feel that way any longer. I've learn to accept my situation as it is and make the best out of it. 

Anyway, before I sway further from my topic, I am actually going to blog about yesterday's dinner treat from my dearest mum. I took the bus back from KL and arrived just in time for dinner. Mum suggested we have Japanese for dinner so we headed to this Japanese place in Melaka Raya. I didn't even know where the restaurant actually is until the car was parked. Apparently while I am studying in KL, my mum has been trying out many new places to eat. My lucky brother gets to eat Korean and Japanese food pretty often. 

The place is called Senju Tei. Probably known to many already but yesterday was my first time trying this place. 

(DISCLAIMER: I do not own this picture. Picture sourced from Google)
I have to borrow this picture from a website because my mum was staring at me like I've gone completely mad when I wanted to take a picture from across the street. 

First impression when entering the restaurant is I like the ambiance a lot. It's not overly Japanese with the decor and the furnishings but you can still detect the Japanese theme in a subtle way. There were no tatami mats and we didn't need to kneel or sit on the floor like most Japanese restaurants. We picked a seat at the back of the restaurant and placed our orders. When it comes to Japanese cuisine, I am bad at it. I do not really know much about sushi or most of the food served in Japanese cuisine and I rarely eat them. If I do order, I always ended ordering something that is not really as Japanese sounding. Example, I would order something like fried chicken served with rice over raw salmon on rice. Needless to day I am not the biggest fan of Japanese food. 

Sushi bar with sushi masters working hard to make sushi.

Here's what mum ordered:

Don't they all just look so mouthwatering-ly yummy? :D

Now a close up of sorts to each dish:

Ebi Tempure Maki (I think that's what it's called)

Look at that shiny fish roe. *drools*
 
This plate of sushi was super good. I personally loved this out of all the other sushi and dishes. It's called Ebi Tempura Maki (I think) and it's basically fried prawns in batter which are then wrapped in the rice with some cucumbers and coated with melted cheese, mayonnaise and fish roe on top. Delish with every bite!


Mushrooms

Okay, this looks pretty disgusting on the plate I know but it's actually mushrooms with butter. I think the chef made it in a rush so the plating is not as presentable as what it should be. This dish is kind of unique to me because I've never eaten mushrooms cooked with butter in this manner. It was nice but somehow had a bitter taste in some of my bites.


Grilled mackerel.

Of all the grilled fishes that I've eaten, regardless of the cuisine style, this has got to be one of the freshest fillet of fish that I've ever eaten. There isn't much seasoning on the fish to be honest. It's served with a slice of lemon to be squeezed over the fish and a little dollop of radish mash which is that white mush you see in the picture. Albeit the lack of seasoning, the fish is simply scrumptious. Every bite of the flesh is just so good. All I can taste is the sweetness of the fish as well as the tangy sour lemon. Perfection indeed.


Soft Shelled Crab Maki

8 pieces of huge sushi in a plate.

Close up. 

This is the last dish and also one of my favorite dishes. The Soft Shelled Crab Maki. It's the same concept as the earlier Ebi but just using soft shelled crab instead of prawns. This sushi somehow reminds me of Hawaii when I bite into it. The combination of the vegetables with the crunch of the fried crab is amazing. I think there's cucumber, pineapples and maybe some diced apples in the sushi as well. It sounds weird to have apples in the sushi but this works so well with the crab. I could probably eat a whole plate of this by myself. Lol

To top off this superb dinner, we were given dessert on the house. Yay us! :)

Green tea ice cream.

I don't usually go for green tea flavored desserts of any kind but this is a Japanese restaurant and they were giving it on the house. I think this is the only flavor they offer which is good because green tea flavored ice cream suits the entire meal better than vanilla or chocolate ice cream.

For a first timer at Senju Tei I am definitely impressed with their service and of course their food. I only tried a small selection from their menu but if all their other dishes are as good as the ones that I tried then I am definitely going back again if I feel a craving for Japanese in the future.


For those who want to try this place out but do not know where it is:

If you know where the Malacca Club building is in Melaka Raya, Senju Tei is opposite that building.


So blessed
I get to eat good food
And have quite a good life
Thank You, Lord
For my amazing family
For everything
Love love love always
 


-xxlynnalurve


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

Followers