Nail Matters

0 Comments
If there's one thing about me that not many know about, it's my love and obsession for nail lacquers. To date, I have (what I consider to be) a large collection of nail polish. I have multiple shades of every color and in different finishes. I definitely am not close to being a real nail polish collector or a nail art guru but I have a passion for these tiny bottles of color. 

My love for nail polish started when I was 9. It was Chinese New Year and my mum painted my nails a light pink with micro glitter in them. The brand of the nail polish was Revlon. It was my first ever nail color. I remember refusing to remove the nail polish before the Monday when school reopened. I actually went to school for a day with my 10 little fingers painted AND DID NOT GET CAUGHT BY THE TEACHERS! :D

A nail polish color is like a statement piece of jewelry on a woman's entire ensemble. It's like wearing a casual outfit and accessorizing the look with say, a bright yellow nail color, for summer. I like to experiment a lot with nail polish. Which probably explains why I have so many bottles of them. I splurge on nail polish that are unique and try to get more colors to add to my collection. My ultimate nail polish dream is to have a bottle of every color available irregardless of the brand. 

***

Today, I will be sharing my latest addition to my nail polish collection. I recently made a purchase and got my hands on Glitter Gal's hologram polishes. It is not sold in shops in Malaysia so I had to search pretty much everywhere to get it. I bought only 1 color because I was not really sure if I would like it when it arrived. The color I chose was Not Another Red. 


How it looks like in the bottle. The holo effect is already quite obvious. This is under normal room lighting.

From the bottle it looks more like a red but when painted on it's actually a very nice deep rose pink color. Well I consider it as a deep rose pink from my point of view but feel free to think otherwise :)


The faint holo effect can be seen here once painted on. Again, these are under normal room lighting.

I felt like the color didn't really "show" on the first few shots so I took another round of them and the picture below is much closer to the actual color once painted. 


Under direct light. This is how gorgeous the color really is. The holo effect is still quite weak though.

However, 

With flash, the holo effect is smack-bang-in-your-face. Super pretty. 

The linear holo effect. I just love it. 

Technically to do nail polish swatches, especially for holo polishes, there should be a few shots or one at least under the sun. But I could not get a decent shot under the sun. Every shot I took did not show the boom of the holo under sunlight. Hence, the flash shots. 

Anyway, for my first ever holo polish I am really glad with this choice. It's my first time purchasing a Glitter Gal polish and I am definitely impressed with it. I wish there was a permanent stockist here in Malaysia for Glitter Gal but sadly there isn't one. I will not debate on buying these pretty babies if I could get my hands on them again.


Until my next nail polish splurge
Love love love always
 

-xxlynnalurve


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

Followers